Established in Hong Kong in May 2001, Partnerships for Community Development (PCD) is a community development organisation that works in mainland China and Hong Kong to promote sustainable living. It was established and continues to be funded by the Kadoorie Foundation (via a stream of funds allocated by the Hon. Mrs McAulay). We are looking for a committed and innovative programme person to join our Programme Team. This is a 2-year (renewable) contract HK-based position.
PCD is committed to working with communities to explore ways of leading a dignified and sustainable life in harmony with others and nature. PCD adopts the approaches of cultural reflection, nurturing community facilitators, and building networks and platforms in its work to promote sustainable living in mainland China and Hong Kong. We provide funding support and facilitate training and network development to a wide range of community organisations and platforms that aim to connect community actions with an expanding network to promote sustainable living.
Programme Manager—Hong Kong
The Programme Manager—Hong Kong (PM-HK) is primarily responsible for developing, managing and coordinating PCD's Hong Kong Programme. Managing a dynamic four-person team and adopting a consensus decision-making work culture, s/he will identify programme intervention points, conduct needs assessments, and facilitate, appraise, process, monitor and review programme initiatives. S/he will also develop new partnerships and networks, facilitate strategic dialogues with relevant stakeholders, and keep abreast of development, trends, policies and practices as well as issues that affect the development of the Hong Kong Programme. S/he will also facilitate and support information flow within PCD and with other organisations in the sustainable living movement.
- At least 8 years’ experience in community development and programme management in Hong Kong and solid team management experience.
- Extensive networks in NGO, citizen network, community development and philanthropic sectors in Hong Kong and other parts of Asia.
- Commitment, skills and experience in participatory development, networking, strategic programme planning and context analysis, facilitating workgroups, budgeting, and financial management.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and creative problem-solving skills. Open-minded, visionary and able to work with a non-project framework to effect change.
- Cross-cultural understanding and perspectives, awareness and appreciation of differing worldviews and the ability to communicate with and learn from a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in both English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua).
PCD (http://pcd.org.hk) is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send their CVs with the position applied, expected salary and relevant experience and reasons for interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 10 May 2023
Interview: Mid-May 2023
Applicants not invited for an interview by 10 June 2023 should consider their applications unsuccessful.