Established in Hong Kong in May 2001, Partnerships for Community Development (PCD) is a community development organisation that works in mainland China and Hong Kong for the promotion of sustainable living. We are looking for a committed and innovative programme person to join our Programme Team. This is a 2-year (renewable) contract HK-based position.
PCD is committed to working with communities to explore ways of leading a dignified and sustainable life in harmony with others and nature. PCD adopts the approaches of cultural reflection, nurturing community facilitators, and building networks and platforms in its work in promoting sustainable living in mainland China and Hong Kong. We provide funding support and facilitate training and network development to a wide range of community organisations and platforms that aim to connect community actions with an expanding network to promote sustainable living.
Programme Manager – Monitoring & Evaluation (HK Prog)
The Programme Manager – Monitoring & Evaluation (PM – M&E (HK)) is a Hong Kong-based position and is primarily responsible for programme enhancement and support for PCD’s HK Programme. The PM - M&E (HK) is responsible for developing and maintaining a programme M&E sub-system that, as part of the organisation’s main system, echoes the organisation’s core values, mission, theory of change and programme principles. S/he is responsible for facilitating the building of internal capacity to manage and conduct programme M&E activities for the HK Programme. The PM will also facilitate the effective sharing of information within the organisation. S/he will also facilitate periodic programme reviews and contribute to documenting PCD’s programme experience for internal learning and external communication. S/he will also contribute to the overall development of PCD’s organisational knowledge. The PM has to travel to mainland China and overseas occasionally.
- At least 5 years’ experience in implementing, planning and managing M&E activities for development programmes, preferably in participatory community development, transformative education, biological and cultural diversity, and sustainable living.
- Have good knowledge and critical perspective on topics related to social transformation, environment and sustainable development, grassroots activism, and sustainable living.
- Ability to think strategically and systematically and have experience in programme development and strategic planning.
- Have good knowledge, attitude, and skills in facilitating workshops and self-learning at personal, team and organisational levels.
- Have rich experience in working in a local society with people and groups from diverse socio-cultural backgrounds and with different learning patterns and abilities.
- Open-minded, visionary, self-reflective, creative, humble, and have trust in self-agency and the self-learning ability in each individual.
- Strong ability in synthesising information, articulation, and good presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in both English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua).
PCD (http://pcd.org.hk) is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send their CV a cover letter stating the position applied, expected salary, relevant experience, reasons for applying, and a short essay on “The Role of Programme M&E for Learning, Empowerment and Social Change” (「為學習、賦權和社會改變而為的項目監測與評估」) (in English or Chinese, around 2-3 pages) to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 22 July 2022
Interview: (1st interview date): 25 July 2022; (2nd interview date): 28-29 July 2022
Applicants not invited for an interview by 15 August 2022 should consider their applications unsuccessful.