Established in Hong Kong in May 2001, Partnerships for Community Development (PCD) is a community development organisation that works in mainland China for the promotion of sustainable living. We are looking for a committed and innovative programme person to join the new Hong Kong Programme team. This is a 2-year (renewable) contract position.
PCD is committed to working with communities to explore ways of leading a dignified and sustainable life in harmony with others and nature. PCD adopts the approaches of cultural reflection, nurturing community facilitators, and building networks and platforms in its work in promoting sustainable living. We provide funding support and facilitate training and network development to a wide range of community organisations and platforms that aim to connect community actions with an expanding network to promote sustainable living. The Hong Kong Programme team is required to identify, facilitate, assess, monitor, and support programme initiatives according to PCD’s mission, approaches and strategies.
The Hong Kong Programme works with themes on transformative learning, culture and community building, community economy as well as building community resilience for climate change. The Programme Officer—Hong Kong (PO-HK) is primarily responsible for developing and managing PCD's Hong Kong Programme initiatives that support the development of local resilient community networks. Adopting a participatory, community-based and cultural reflection approach, s/he will work with PCD’s partners to develop projects to cultivate a dynamic community culture that is relationship-based, ecologically friendly and celebrates cultural diversity. S/he will identify programme intervention points, conduct needs assessment, as well as facilitate, appraise, process, monitor and review project initiatives in her/his area of responsibility. S/he will also develop new partnerships and networks and facilitate strategic dialogues with diverse groups of stakeholders, including NGOs, grassroots community-based organisations, citizen groups, and social enterprises in search of modes of sustainable living.
- At least 5 years’ experience in community development and programme management in Hong Kong.
- Familiar with networks in NGO, citizen networks, and community development in Hong Kong and experienced in facilitating cross-sector collaboration.
- Commitment, skills and experience in participatory development, networking, programme monitoring and evaluation, budgeting and financial management.
- Good analytical, conceptual, and creative problem-solving skills. Open-minded, visionary, and able to work with a non-project framework to effect change.
- Cross-cultural understanding and perspectives, awareness and appreciation of differing worldviews and the ability to communicate with and learn from a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Based in Hong Kong but requires occasional travel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese.
PCD (http://pcd.org.hk) is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should send their CV with a cover letter stating the position applied, their expected salary, relevant experience, and reasons for applying to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 28 September 2022
Interview: (1st interview date): 4-6 October 2022; (2nd interview date): 11-12 October 2022
Applicants not invited for an interview by 15 October 2022 should consider their applications unsuccessful.